2/29/08

Happy Leap Day!

Once every four years we have this special day. In its honor (or not) I plated my chocolate mousse that I made the day before so it was good and frozen, where we want it before we plate and serve.

I used fruit coulis (raspberry), melted chocolate and vanilla cream to decorate the plate all fancy like. Then we swirl the stuff around to make pretty designs with a big toothpick. I put my "ball" of mousse, which was chocolate covered, on a caramel cracker that I made. It comes out really thin and crispy like. I molded it over a tea cup so I could have a handle when it was cooled. I inverted it and placed the mousse on top and on top of the mousse I put a little dough cooked filligree design in the mousse then presented it to the Chef for grading.

I forgot totally about taking a photo until it was done grading. Meaning: we take a bite each to see how well the mousse turned out. I got all my points for plating, taste, design and creativity. I thought it looked pretty awesome too.

Tomorrow I have volunteered to assist at the San Francisco 6th Annual Crab Festival. I will be helping in Union Square at "Scala's Bistro's" booth. They won last years festival! I'm excited. Plus, I get to graze from all the booth's. Whoo-hooo! I LOVE crab.

Next Thursday I volunteered to assist in North Beach at the Italian Atheletes Club for a dinner serving 200. Sounds interesting plus I like all things Italian! (including the Food)

Monday we have to prep and plate our individual Ice Creams. I made a vanilla/mint with toasted almonds and white chocolate chips. I hope it all turns out good. I didn't taste it today since I didn't have time. I'll try to remember to photo the plate first!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh my! Some of my favorite things! I LOVE white chocolate ice cream, dark chocolate truffle ice cream, and raspberry all together.. I have a secret stash in the freezer waiting for me!!!!

Have a blast at the crab feed! What a wonderful event! I love crab.. and Italian food... Sounds like a great couple weekends!!