2/14/08

Happy Valentine's Day to All





But not for me. I'm with "cold". I recall when people used to say "she's with child". Well, I'm "with " cold. Both are equally disruptive and uncomfortable. My cold was born yesterday and I'll hopefully have its little goodbye dinner in 7 days. A lot easier than a child but colds repeat themselves. Oh wait....some women do that too. Oh well. I'll enjoy my cold today. I'm taking care of it as you can see.



Good old Vicks vapor rub like grandma used to slather me with, my tea, and my box of tissues. I should have a device such as this clever woman but I can't fit my commis cap over it to take it to school.

2 comments:

*karendianne. said...

ahhh man! total bummer. That Vick stuff works good though.

Take care and maybe we can get Uncle John to make one of these "tissue" holders. He's handy.

Runny Nose Love, *karendianne.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Well Girl...
I have absolutely no sympathy because I am in the same damn boat!!! CURSES!!!
My son came down with a cold Sunday night... slept in my room for 2 days...
My daughter came into our room last night at midnight, with a fever and and headache and burning up, and I spent most of the wee hours nursing her - cooled her down in a tub, rubbed her back, held her, slept with her in her bed and gave her the mommy fave - Children's Motrin - great for 8 hours... I knew I was in trouble because I on the other hand was chilled and could not get warm enough!!!
So.. spent the mornin' dragging my tired rear, then about noon it hits me... sore throat.. I am sitting here with my box of tissues, and pocket full of Ricola throat lozenges...
Sniff... drip... cough cough...