2/21/08

Oh You Tart You!


I'm having a bit of fun in Baking and Pastry as you can see. I made some fruit tarts filled with Lemon Curd and an apricot glaze as well as a few of the same without the fuit and used meringue instead. I loved working with the blow torch to brown them. I gotta get me one of those handy devices!


Since I'm not such a sweet and fruit eater I took these little puppies over to Butchery and traded my plate for a nice grilled NY they had out. I came back to my room after class was over and had a mighty tasty lunch with fresh steamed broccoli and jalapeno potato chips and an ice cold beer. Yumm. Good lunch, better trade. I'm the savory/salty type not the sweet and sugary type. (Family, no comments or puns, please)


Hope you enjoyed your day as much as I did! Eat, Drink and be Debra!! ha...

4 comments:

*karendianne. said...

No trader dicks here that's for sure.

Dumb Dick Dong Love, *karendianne.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Yummy.....
I don't know which is making my mouth water more - the beer & steak or the tarts!

Anonymous said...

Way too luscious looking. I want to TASTE IT. You are making me suffer way too much. I don't think I like you any more.....

H..E...L....P

I WANT SOME OF THAT !!!!!!

Your sweet Aunt Alice/Mumtie

Anonymous said...

You are gonna give me that recipe right Mommy?