2/13/08

My First Fruit Tray!


Yes! Today I had to make my fruit tray which would be the one to go down to the CCA's book signing event by Chef/CEO of 7 Restaurants, David Meyer. It took me an hour and a half to make it with Phil helping by cutting up the fruit. I got the decorating job. It is no easy task to slice up and present fruit. I know it may seem like an easy job but not from a professional culinary position. (oh, I wax a bragging bit here don't I?) Hey, I paid for the rights!


Here's the final product. Like a proud mama I am.

It was soooo much FUN! I was like - giddy. I guess I'm really cut out for this stuff. I wonder what my 100th fruit tray will look like!

Thank gawd Phil told me to hide my big fat behind before he took the picture! He's such a good friend.

He did all the cutting and slicing prep work so I could play with the decorating. We're a good team!

Thanks Phil, couldn't have done it without you (on time). It had to be ready at 11am so you can see from the clock that this job took Teamwork.

YES!

3 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Holy Toledo!! What a fruit display!!!!
Congrats Chef Deb!!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh Wow! This is amazing. That is really something to be proud of and you look so happy, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks so 'Georgia O'Keefe' my favorite artist... like one of her subjects