3/2/08

San Fran Crab Festival!





It was a beautiful day, lots of people eating crab dishes made by several upscale restaurants and hotels, music, sunshine and CRAB. I loved it. I volunteered and was assigned to assist Scala'a Bistro. We made a chiffonade romaine with frisee salad topped with a champagne vinegarette and topped with a couple blood oranges on one side and cara cara oranges on the opposite side of the salad. Then we added a healthy portion of fresh dungeness crab and drizzled a sorrel aioli sauce on the top! We were the first booth that was OUT of our dish before the others, so I got to mingle, eat other foods and listen to great music by a Band called Diegos Umbrella. (they have a My Space account at that name). They were a mix of Brasil, Gypsy and Polka! It was fun.
I added a photo that the pastry chef made from bread signifiying the Crab. I took one home I thought they were so clever and artistic. I also got a "free lunch" card from the Sous Chef that enables me and a friend to dine for free at the restaurant. Its a great place. http://www.scalasbistro.com/

I'm going to have to remember to take my "real" camera since I'm not able to make my cell phone pictures bigger! Darn it!

My first Volunteer outing as a Chef in Training! Yea Me!!



2 comments:

*karendianne. said...

"...first booth that was OUT of our dish before the others" --- Very Very Excellent. Why am I not surprised?! You're really not training ya know, you're just pickin' up some new skills.

You have the gift already.

Diegos Umbrella - What a killer name for a band! Those are fun people, right up your alley.

Volunteering for Love, *karendianne.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh Yum!!! What a fantastic day! I'm glad you blogged about it.. all the combinations for success! Sunshine too? Awesome...
Wish I had been there! And, congrats!