3/19/08

Wednesday = Farmer's Market

I love Wednesday. I get to roam around all the fresh flowers, foods, and fish and take in the sunshine, blue skies and the beautiful City Hall building in the background.
I do my Hunt and Gather, Touch and Smell, and wish I had more than a little single electric burner at my place to cook with.

Today I bought Baby Bok Choy, tangerines, Asian Pears, a cucumber and some bright red radishes and green onions.

The weather was perfect for an afternoon stroll. I'm even getting adjusted to the kooks in the Tenderloin District on my way home. There are more and more vendors as spring brings all the fresh grown goodies up for grabs. My Contemporary Foods class is having a good effect on my eating preferences now. I am eating way less meats and much more veggies and grains.

We ate some more good stuff in class today like cauliflower and minestrone soups, a chicken dish with red and yellow bell peppers, orzo pasta with kale, spicy tomato salsa and avocado with crisp corn tortilla's, boiled tempeh with green onions in vegetable stock with some soy sauce, fresh assorted cookies, a really delicious healthy pizza simply made with tomato sauce, cheese and an herbed dough crust, some chicken kabobs, and deep fried veggies in a batter served with a yummy spicy ponzu like sauce.

There were other things but I forgot. So much food. We all cook together, eat together and discuss the shortcomings of a certain classmate who gets on ALL our nerves! She's not a regular with our class but someone who has to make up this class b/c she probably failed it last time. She can't help but get on your nerves in a very special way, real quick. Most of us are just trying to avoid her in case we lose it and do that silly high school thing and deck her.

She keeps that "badatuide" up, she may be the next item on our buffet. Watch your back girlfriend! The injuns are getting restless.

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Love the post!!!
Hmmm, is that other student little miss sassy pants who asked about your PJ's????