3/28/08

Contemporary Cooking Class is Over

Darn. I really got into the daily buffet. Now I'll have to bring food in or buy it. I love free healthy foods. I ate some really good stuff over the past 3 weeks. So much so that I believe I will change my eating habits. I have already. Grains are really filling and with all the nutrition from all the vegetables, soups, and fruits I find that I'm not so hungry later.




Today was my Final presentation of my macrobiotic diet menu. I had to develop a menu that stayed within guidelines of 1200 calories (all 4 dishes combined) and 1000 mg of sodium, and then limited fats, cholesterol, proteins etc. I did it and it was really good.
For the starter I made Miso Soup with snow peas, shitake mushrooms, scallions and sweet corn from the cob instead of tofu.

Then I prepared a Fish in a 5 spice rub topped with chopped tomato, onion, garlic, diced jalapeno and caper topping on a bed of fresh Heirloom tomatoes. Very tasty!

Next was a Roasted Poblano Chile stuffed with spanish rice and sweet corn topped with Monterey Jack cheese and baked in the oven then served on top of a Creamy Lemon Sauce made from raw cashews (soaked overnight in water), a couple tsp of Miso and 1/2 cup of lemon juice. I added two packets of Stevia all natural sweetener and it was perfect.

Dessert was a Rice Pudding with fresh pears in lemon juice baked with nutmeg and cinnamon. It was very nice.

I added my special touch of a couple of Baby Eggplant Penguins. The eyes are Black Beluga Lentil. I loved them! So cute.
Now I have a WHOLE week off for Spring Break. I'm so ready for that. I get to sleep in for 9 whole days. Heaven.

2 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

YUM! I LOVE this type of food... Back in my vegetarian days I made a Thanksgiving Dinner that was all Macrobiotic... it was a major feast!

The penguins are super cute!

*karendianne. said...

Wow! This is so amazing. I'm impressed.