3/9/08

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, its off to work we go...

This was no Disney Fantasy, this was hard reality. I volunteered to help prep a dinner at the Italian Atheletic Club in North Beach this past Thursday. I need to start volunteering for things like this to build my resume throughout this next year.

You can see from Lil' Miss Happy Face that the whole experience was nothing but fun. We prepped, served, waited and cleaned up for a 320 person dinner. We started at 12:45 pm and ended at 10:15pm. I had risen that morning at 5:15am to head to class. By the time I was home, showered and in bed it was 11:30pm and I had to rise again at 5:15 to head to my last class of Baking and Pastry to take my finals.

I'm slightly recovered today. My feet don't hurt quite so much now (they only bark when I walk) and my arms and legs have feeling again.

What the %$*! was I thinking you may ask. Well, I thought it was going to be a short gig of 5-6 hours and that we'd do no serving or cleanup. Turns out that didn't happen and no one knew it until we got there. Like they say "Poo Happens" (I have a problem saying Shit online). So, we just end up grinning and bearing it.

I have learned one thing from this event. Never volunteer for a job the night before your Final. Lesson Learned.

Oddly enough, I had explicitly asked the "Chef" before volunteering whether we'd have to serve or clean-up and he said No. The Club is handling that. So that's why I volunteered. Eh, who knew?!

If I was one of the 7 dwarves, just call me Grumpy!

3 comments:

*karendianne. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*karendianne. said...

The brochure looked nice. Sheesh.

Chef Abuse is not Love, *karendianne.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

LOVE the grumpalumpalus chick on the left.. That isn't you is it? I mean, I'm thinkin' what an atmosphere! what long hours! What a racket to get slave labor for free!

Was any of it fun? Lessons you can take back? (as in when I have a kitchen....)
Hope those dogs stop whining...and hope you have a great day! Good Carma, right?