11/30/07

Over 50+New Life=Complete Body Ache!

It's finally Friday. I made it through the week with no cuts or burns. A good week. My body however feels quite the opposite. My body thinks I played a significant role in Sumo Wrestling. I literally ache from head to toe (even the bottoms of my feet hurt).

Naturally, in class, no one is the wiser. Its really quite a macho environment. You get cut or burned and just suck it up and keep on slicing, dicing and cooking over high heat. After you cleaned, bandaged and put on a little finger cot. (looks like a rubber an elf would use) I've even begun to check myself to make sure every time I bend down to do something I don't groan. Like a 50 year old gheeser.

I've been DYING for a fresh green anything so tonight I treated myself to the Temple Bar's House Salad and a burger with fries. Anyone who really knows me would be shocked about the last two. After eating raw carrots, green onions, Just Add Water Soups, and cottage cheese with raw tomatoes most peeps would be dying for a hot juicy burger (with a side of avocado for me.) Life makes me do these things. Its not really me doing it all alone. Life happens.

Today's practice competency test was okay. I didn't make the Hollandaise or Mayonnaise. If I can't beat Best Foods Mayo why try. Its easier to get good mayo out of the bottle. Who eats Hollandaise anymore. Its just PURE FAT and egg yolks blended together with a splash of lemon and dash of water. I don't even want to try my own! Yuck. Its not even in fashion anymore. We did that shit in the 70's when we didn't know we could kill ourselves with stuff like that.

Monday we have the Final Competency test for all our sauces and soups. I may actually have to make it. Bleech. I was thinking of sneaking in a small jar of mayo and adding it on top of my "homemade" crap. The jury is still out on that one. The whisking alone is enough to send you to a physical therapist for recovery.

I'll be practicing more soups and sauces at 12 Robert Place this weekend for Monday's final. My first time cooking Chef Stuff on (oh, God forbid) electric! I hope it turns out edible and not compostable. (new cooking lingo)

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Edible and not compostable. hee! I hope you got a massage at some point.

Robert Place is so lucky to have you there to play around and watch and learn although do they know they're lab rats at the same time? hee.

I'm sure what you made was wonderful and I'm only sorry I missed it.

I had no idea making Mayo was so painful. GAWD. How can it be any better, that's what I want to know. You tell me that?