12/3/07

Chef Boy R DDay!!

We had our skills competency test today in the kitchen. We had two hours to make: Hollandaise, Mayonnaise, Bordelaise, Bechemel and then Mornay Sauce. Our "must make" soup was Consomme and then we got to choose another. I chose Cream of Mushroom. Mostly because this weekend I practiced my French Onion and New England Clam Chowder soups along with my Sauce Tomate (french spelling).

I managed to make all my required sauces and soups and the taste test from the Chef for each made me happy. I did well. Some excellent but I did forget to make a garnish for my Cream of Mushroom Soup. I did bring it home however so I could have something to eat. Screw the Garnish! (I would have made it, of course had I remembered).

Chef said that this was the HARDEST test we would all take at the CCA. I'm just glad she didn't share that with us before we started. We all kicked butt for 2 hours. We really were Real Chefs at Work!

Super Fun.

Now I'm just pampering my "kicked butt". I'm ever so tired. Its 6:30 and I'm contemplating sleep. Gotta get up at 5:30 and start a whole new routine. We'll be doing eggs tomorrow. Later this week we do pasta. Yum. We make it ourselves. Better yum.

I think its gonna rain tomorrow. Hurray. I got galoshes! Oh fun. Real rain.

I'm signing off now. Too tired to keep my little fingers tapping.

Find happiness. Do what you love.

Chef Deb

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

OOHHH! Pasta!
Can I sign up for the leftovers??? I love pasta!
We switched to pasta made from rice... Very tasty...