12/5/07

I'd Love a Plate of FASHION!

It's not easy or fun to force yourself out of bed at 5:30am let alone wonder what to wear, what's the weather, do I really care? I might care at 11am but paaaalease, its 5 frickin' thirty.

I used to open my door to "check" the coldness. I stopped doing that since it was so stoopid. I'm in the corner on the 2nd floor of a 4 story building. I face the atrium patio, from a safe weather proof spot. How hard is that to figure I still don't have a clue as to the weather.

What this all leads to is that sometimes I dress "off" for the weather. All male readers won't understand this part so skip to the sports section.

Anywayz. Last night the weather report was Clear, some clouds, basically nice day. Okay, I think I'll wear light pink fleece like pants and a white pullover type cotton shirt. Since the morning is cold at O'Dark Thirty I wear a zippered pull on with a hood. (thank you Glo, I love the Grey pull on).

I'm good. Happy. Going to school, catchin' the shuttle, draging my red carry 0n with my Halloween Uniform and shoes inside, hefting my knife kit. I go to the ladies changing room and see a classmate (they're all half my age). She looks at me and, with surprise, says "I didn't know we could wear our pajamas to school".

I could have responded two ways.

1. Oh, these aren't my pajamas, this is what the retirement home gave me when I left.

2. Oh yeah dude, I was too, like tired to dress so I just hustled out of bed and beat it to the shuttle. Ya know what I mean?

#1 They may or may not have questioned my attire after that comment.

#2 She would have thought I was some fool trying to play my "game" long after the batteries ran out.

What did I say, you ask?

I said. "Oh no, these aren't my pajamas." Indicating of course that I should burn my clothes now and that I have no clue what these kids wear.

I just want to blend. I don't want to stand out in a fashion sense. If she really saw my pajamas she'd never even talk to me. I'd be a scary homeless person. I mean, I'm still using my terrycloth robe I got when I went on the Royal Carribean Cruise xyz years ago. Its not exactly at its peak anymore. But you can still read the label.

I may avoid the changing room for a while. Don't want everyone seeing my entire wardrobe of 2 full drawers! (there is only so. much. room. here). Fooey.

Oh yeah, we made pasta today. I'm getting sick of heavy sauces. I wish the next class was fruits and liquids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all right, was just blippin thru blogs after reading my nieces ramblings and stumbled upon yours. tell them to stuff it where the sun don't shine if they don't like your clothes. my god. you have no weather probs, right now its 3 degrees here.teach the little raggarts what we boomers can do. remember, old age and treachery will often win over youth and good looks.look forward to finding this again. gor

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I'm with gor... Hmm.. wonder who she is and what niece is rambling???
Anyway - what a SNOT that little brat is/was!!! Sounds like a princess that needs a slap...

Anonymous said...

This blog entry really made me laugh. The comment was snotty but your potential comebacks were HI-larious as usual. And I can totally picture you in your pink fleece pants! Keep em coming.

Shannon