11/16/07

Wagons Ho!

Well, I gotta move again tomorrow to my new permanent housing two blocks west of the Red Roach Motor Lodge. That would be 2 blocks further away from the Tenderloin District which is a notoriously unsavory neighborhood. Yea for me. Although it is 2 blocks further from the two blocks I already have to hoof it to the shuttle bus that I take back and forth to the South Campus every day. Oh lordy, increasing my exercise further by dragging my bright red carryon and 1000 lb knife kit up and down hills every day. Hopefully I'll lose weight and gain stamina. Otherwise I have a handy knife or two to end the complaining. he he

Did I mention that everyday I'm POOPED!? I can't wait for the weekend when I have to hustle to BART tomorrow for 40+ minutes to Millbrae to fetch my car and then pack it up to the gills with all my crapola and haul it to the new location. Might take two trips. Yippee. More hauling and tugging and lugging. I feel like a pack mule. Thank Gawd for showers or I'd closely resemble one!

Today in skills class (which is where we get to use our "tools") we had to do all 10 knife cuts in addition to making a roux and some clarified butter. After demos we all get assigned jobs daily to help clean the kitchen. First day I did Dishwashing, second day I did another equally stimulating job - Garbage, and today I was on Hot Line which means I clean all the stoves and counters that we used. Tomorrow I'm on Dry Goods. Definition to follow some other time. Its past my bedtime.

Gotta go. I'll miss the Red Roach Motel. Not. I hate moving. But I love every little thing I'm doing in school. I'm a chef in progress! YES.

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Cool!!! Another move! Ha. I hate moving as well.... I keep weeding through crap in our house just because the thought of having to pack it or move it frightens me...

So.. there is more than one knife cut??? Whoda thunk.....