11/11/07

Orientation Day

Yahoo. Today I finally got to the REAL school of CCA. They have a campus in Potero Hill not too far from the original campus. The new one is 5 years new (as opposed to the original which was rebuilt in 1977).

I'm really feeling like a Chef! They gave us all a duffel bag of clothes, aprons, hats, scarfs, blah, blah, blah, that weighed at least 60lbs. I drug it everywhere while all these youngun's carried them. I didn't care. I was trying to protect my pinched nerve in my neck. I just couldn't let them all know I was so handicapped at the first meeting. I saw a new doc here in So. City who got me on some new stuff for nerve pain, and by God it works! I'm almost feeling sane again.

We took a tour of the campus today and all the various rooms for instruction. They even have a room that looks like a Bar (for bartending) and a game room (Vegas style) for the peeps who have to run a room like that. They will also teach us all about Vegas cheating. ?? I dont' know why but it sounded good. I guess that is for the folks who take the Culinary Management course.

All said, its been a fun day. Got all my outfits and long pants that have to be sewn by Monday. I have two huge books I have to read 4 chapters from before MOnday and I still have to finish moving into my temporary place for this week before I'm able to move into my permanant dorm room for a year. Gawd, I hate moving.

Its finally raining today. I think of it like a final wish I have been wanting. I've been staying in my families camper to sleep in since I got here and it never rained. Uncle John said the rain sounded so nice so I was hoping to experience it. It rained today. I'm so lucky. It sounds so soothing on top of the camper. This is a special moment for me, I'll remember it always. In my Home Town, cutting edge to my own future, living life as it comes, no one else to watch out for...

I'm living a dream. Sort of odd since I haven't worked since February. Life is pliable. Keep the faith.

No comments: