11/14/07

A Note from the Trenches

1. I'm Tired.

2. I'm Happy.

3. I'm Crazy.

4. I'm Tired.

Daily Schedule: Alarm goes off at 5:30. Do everything possible to ignore it. Shut the #$! off at 5:40. Get the lazy ass up and head two blocks to the shuttle that transports me to the 2nd campus. Pay no attention to street hookers up at that hour in the complete dark. Remind yourself you carry knives and lots of them. Very Sharp.

Get to CCA and change into the world's most amazing black and white transformation that Chris Angel cannot explain. I become a CONTENDER. Or a Chef for the time I have on this uniform. Its Christmas every morning.

First 2 1/2 hours of lecture, second 2 1/2 hours of lab (kitchen work). Day is over at 12:10. Take shuttle back to base and walk uphill back to the Red Roach Motor Lodge. Opps. Typo. Same meaning. Kidding. Its not bad. No edible bugs.

I scour around the blocks trying to orient myself as to establishments of worth. Walgreens, Subway, ..... that's about it. Subway was iffy.

Back to the room, shower, check uniform for spots or messes, eat something like noodle ramens (I get the natural kind from Trader Joes) and it works for me when I'm so beat tired.

I don't go out after dark. (you wouldn't either if you were here) so I do homework, prepare for tomorrows class and check the student portal to the CCA (Ca. Culinary Academy) to see if I need to know anything soon.

Gotta move into a new hotel room this weekend (2 more blocks away from my favorite hookers) so that's a drag. "scuz the pun"

Life is good. I love school. I will most likely lose weight since this is the most exercise I've done daily and I have NO time to eat. Halleluija (spelling challenged) Like I care.

I collapsed into a deep sleep today at 3 until 5:30 so I'm okay with being up late but this is late enough. I'm out of here. I miss all my family and friends but I'm LOVIN' this slice of pie my life has turned into.

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

OH!! This sounds so darn wonderful! I love reading about your adventure(s)....

So, I have a couple of 'needs' from my fave Kitchen B.
Here is the deal:
1. Fondue. I just bought my first 'fondue' appliance... It's part of a surprise for a Christmas function dinner.... Should I buy more 'tools' so I can have more than one pot going at once? (i.e., oil in one, cheese pot and chocolate)... What do you recommend??? Any tips for the fondue virgin?
2. Christmas Eve Dinner - Favorite Countries to Celebrate... We will be participating in a potluck dinner featuring various cultures..... Any faves that you recommend?
Thanks!!!
Looking forward to your response(s)!!