11/17/07

Movin' on Up

Well, today was moving day. From the Red Roach to the Oasis on Franklin. Beeg diff. I'm on the second floor (which is just for Culinary Students) but I'm at the end furthest away from the street towards the back so I don't hear nearly all the noice I did on Eddy. I can't even hear anyone screaming and cursing here. Nice place. In addition, right outside my door is a patio with lots of plants, the ice machine, a snack machine and a soda machine. What? No wine machine?! Oh, the sacrifices I make.

Its too totally pleasant. The courtyard is all green and frondy and there are at least 5 tables with umbrellas to sit out during the weekend and work on homework, read homework, practice homework and slit my wrists. J/K!

I'm so in heaven with my life now. I finished a whole week! I stayed after class two days, one to practice my knife skills on the julienne carrots (1/8 x 1/8 x 8) EXACTLY SQUARE and my Tourne Potatoes. The nerve pricking little icehole footballs. I hate them now. When I get it right I will be dancing on the rooftops but for now they are the devils playground. The other after school was today to help Chef cook up 100 lbs of potatoes into mashed for the Thanksgiving Feed the Homeless Project. I mashed 50 pounds of potatoes. I'm still alive. wait....okay, yeah. I am.

My dear sweet Cousin Guy the notable watercolor artist helped me move my Starvation Army stuff to the new place. I took the BART after class and overtime to Millbrae and we drove my car back to SF to facilitate the move. Then we had the most lovely delicious and splendid dinner at Max's Opera Restaurant in the Civic Center. I had the Ribeye steak (like Shannon would) and my cousin was dying for the combo of pastrami, corned beef and pastrami sandwich which came with 3 salads!!! Potato, cole slaw, and a pickled cucumber thing. We dined.

I was in heaven since I don't like to venture out at night by myself. With Guy, we walked the way from the Oasis to the Opera and back. It was slightly foggy, misty and cool. MY FAVORITE TEMPS!! YESSSSS. The Civic Center was so lovely in the foggy mist. With the lights shining on it and the colors muted it was a beautiful site. I'm right in the middle of the entire Civic Center. Its really like being down by the White House in Wash. DC. Just that immense and beautiful. Gawd I love this city.

I finally get to sleep in tomorrow. I hope I sleep past 7am! A whole week..... whew.. Tough job. 3 kids didn't even show up to class today. I did. Go Me!

Its 10pm. I'm toast. Burnt. Nighty night all.

2 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Sounds like Heaven!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, rib eye!

Shannon