9/17/07

Progress!

I found a storage site today for my remaining belongings. That is a BIG relief since I can't move without it ahead of time. You think it would be a breeze like I did but it is difficult to find someone who will "reserve" a space until the end of next month. One place would reserve until October 17th, one place I needed to check with them 7 days before moving in, ad nauseum. Finally we found one that would save a space until I moved in with no money down! My aunt (aka Mom) will be able to sign it up before I come up so I don't have to make another trip. Nice people.

I also went to scope out the Dorm Room for the Academy. Teeny Tiny but adequate. It is in a converted hotel (pics to come when I get home), which is conveniently located directly across the street from the school and has 24/7 security desk with a guard. Very reassuring since I'm in Downtown and not exactly a single woman wandering kind of neighborhood. Thank Gawd I have knife skills! opps...

I'll be heading back home Wednesday morning early so I can beat some of the traffic when I get to LA. Next project is to find a truck and some movers to pack it and someone on the destination point to unpack it.

The weather here is wonderful and cool. Just how I like it. I hope by the time I get back to Redondo Beach its going to be cooler than when I left. I hate working in the heat. Unless its over a big Gas stove!

Gonna run now. Family time. :))

2 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Man! On the road again! Safe travels to you...
Keep me posted on where to send mail... what address to use?
I hate moving!!! Good luck!y

*karendianne. said...

Yeah, those folks you were staying with these past few days - they're down right nice, good people. I am of course very excited about all the new happenings with you. Be sure to let us know what address to use for you and when. We all want to send stuff to decorate your dorm with, I'm sure of it. We can miniatures. ;)

Mini Me Love, *karendianne.