9/5/07

Easy Summer Dish



Its been too hot to cook until today. I wanted something quick, easy and tasty. By definition that always has something to do with garlic for me.


I bought a couple of Pork Medallions at the market and a quick bag of microwave veggies. No fuss here. I seasoned the pork with oregano, basil, sea salt, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper. I put it in a small pan with Pam spray and covered it on a bit lower than medium. The cover helps make some juice from the pork. I cooked them about 10 min. per side and checked the pork for doneness after to make sure when pricked that the juices ran clear.


I sprayed a glass pie dish with Pam and added the veggies, cut the bigger pieces so all were even shaped to cook evenly. The potatoes should have been cut smaller since they cook longer but I cooked them about 10 minutes more than the veggies in the end. Since it's so warm it was fine, not too hot. I added coarse cut garlic to the veggies and about 2 tblspns of melted butter, salt and pepper. I cook the veggies at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then toss them and cook for another 10 min.


Basically, there is little preparation time and in 20 minutes you're sitting down to eat. I like the pan juices when the pork is done so I added a splash of water (or red wine) to deglaze it and pour the juice over the medallions to keep them moist. Nothing I hate more than dry pork.


Easy, simple, yummy. Enjoy.

2 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Wow. You make this all sound so easy. Really. I'm thinking this is another "I could try that" recipe. I dont have the meat (shock) but I have red potatoes and veges so maybe I could try to replicate this tonight.

WTF is course cut garlic?

Of Course its Love, *karendianne.

Anonymous said...

This dish is getting old. Don't you have anything new for us?