9/27/07

Got Shrimp?




Oh Boy! I tried this recipe from Bon Appetit magazine that I found on Epicurious that is Really Good!! It has all my favorite ingredients and is EAZY to make ahead and serve later or the next day. I bought a bag of frozen uncooked-deveined shrimp with tails on at Costco or Trader Joes and my sweetpea daughter cooked some for herself and boyfriend when I was out of town. I had a few left and wanted something different than tossing them with pasta so I ran across this recipe. I used a lot less olive oil than they suggested and it helped for me. (plus cuts the calories) The best thing is NO BUTTER!

I bought some Garlic French Bread and toasted it with butter and parmesan cheese as something crunchy to eat it with. That and a cool glass of Savignon Blanc was a perfect dinner!

Here's the Link for you shrimp lovers http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/102468
When I marinated it overnight the oil gets sort of congealed so I heated the bowl with shrimp in the microwave for about 30 seconds, stir and add more seconds as you need. You don't want to reheat too much or the shrimp get hard and overcooked.

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Boy I sure wish I was at your house to eat!