9/1/07

The Committment is ON!

I have arrived at the point of "no return" so to speak. I've have moved all my eggs into my culinary basket. There is no turning back. I want to record this day as I want to remember how it felt to make such a momentous decision that will change my life completely.

I'm excited about the adventure ahead, curious about the living environment, loving the city of my birth and impatient to get settled, hoping my savings will carry me through the entire process, confident about my culinary abilities, unsure on how to make everthing happen by myself, and somewhat worried about my mental stabilities! Seriously, I'm throwing everything into it and jumping in feet first. One has to question ones rational at some point. Especially at 54 years of age!

It feels good to unlease myself from a lot of the physical encumbrances like furniture, dishware, glassware, silverware and the like. I just wish it was as easy getting rid of the little things like paperwork, files, nick nacks, candles, etc. Those are the most bothersome.

I found someone today who wants to buy my bedroom set, possibly my coffee table, my barstools, and maybe the refrigerator. That's a load off.

I've got to go to Target today to look into little necessities like an electric skillet, mini fridge, storage bins, hot water maker for tea.... This is exciting. How to Build More Debt 101. I passed!! (more like I'm passing out!)

September 1st = Day One on the road to chefdom. WooHoo I got a life again! Yea Me.

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

"Leap and the net will appear!"