9/22/07

Fried Disappointment JUMBO Style!

Southern CA has been preparing for the Big Storm of the season for the last couple of days. Yesterday, late in the afternoon the clouds were darkening and I was getting excited. When you live in So. Cal. it NEVER rains (okay, occasionally). By 6pm it started to dribble a little. by 6:30 when I was going to dinner with my daughter it was dry.

When I got home around 9pm it was dry. WTF?! Storm Watch 2007?? I wanted to call the weather news studios and tell them to quit their day job. There was 1 (one) lightening bolt thing. A token heavy weather promise. One. The rain gods were throwing us a bone.

When I got up this morning it was dry until around 10:30 then it started to Rain. Real Rain. Not dribbles. Coming down in sheets. This was fun! I got to turn on the inside lights like a real winter day, got a sweater on and made my tea so I could thoroughly enjoy the wild weather. Then I got an idea to take pictures of the rain streaming outside my bathroom window b/c it looked so cool. By the time I got the camera locked and loaded it stopped. It got brighter, I turned off the lights, took off my sweater and opened the front door and windows again.

Southern California is the entire reason those fools sell CD's that sound like rain. We're probably the only people who buy them except for the brain dry people in Arizona in the summer. So. Cal peeps are Any Weather Challenged. I was planning to spend the day inside cuddled on the couch reading my novel. Now that its nice out I guess I'll get my list of errands done. (slow violins in background)

I can't wait till I move to SF! No. Cal. has REAL weather that lasts for days. And fog too.

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Okay so I have lived this sort of day in Florida as well. Its so damn on again off again anymore! I can't wait for you to move to SF, too. I'm excited for your adventures and the change of pace. You've been in SoCal just too flippin' long man. Listen to me? Right.

Stuck in Florida Love, *karendianne.