4/29/08

Lesson from the Seven Dwarfs

Recovering from an anxiety meltdown of financial distress yesterday after paying some bills now and looming in the near future I took prudent steps to help quash the tide of dollars gushing down the drain on bills so I secured myself a position (part-time) as a cook for a catering company here in SF.

I met the gal from the Catering Staffing firm at one of the CCA's career fair's recently and filled out the application she gave me and dropped it off today. I got there in time to fill out more paperwork and have an interview with her, which was good since she met me at CCA. I was hired on the spot. That gives me more ability to sleep tonight. Yay me.

Thursday, I'll return with my two forms of ID and must bring in my uniform since they have a job for that day and "you never know" if they will need an extra cook. Otherwise I'll be on call during the week and weekends.

Well, what with my 6 weeks of NO COOKING I finally get a chance to recall how to light a stove and heat something up.

I'll work part time and possibly weekends to pick up some "lettuce". I refer to 'it' as lettuce so as to remind myself of my initial decision that It's Not About The Money. However, reality barks at my door like two hungry, angry pit bulls freshly neutered. The bills are still there regardless of my symantics. The dogs must be fed.

Like a good owner, I am hustling my butt back to remunitive work so I can buy a couple of collars for the damn dogs. At least I don't have to walk them at night.

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

The job will be good!! It will be fun! You will learn lots more and make more contacts....
Right?
It's all good... at least it is related to your profession.. and who knows, what if her business expands and she needs someone to be her assistant or partner???