4/22/08

15 Minutes and Still Nothing to Say

I've been sitting in front of my computer for 15 minutes waiting for something clever, witty, original, plagiarized, anything to put down on my blog and nothing comes up. I know I haven't written for 3 days or thereabout but I'm an empty slate.

I think the math stuff is wiping my brain clean of all right brained activity. Either that or I'm so left brain heavy that the right brain went on "tilt" and the doors locked. As usual, I can't find anything in my beensy little cubby hole room let alone the vast untouched spaces in my brain where I could hide a single key.

Every Day. I kid not. I "lose" something. I'm in constant amazement that this is even possible. My room is way too small for such unacceptable behavior. Yet, I'm always on the hunt. For instance, yesterday I had to make copies of some very important documents to mail. I went to the copy shop, made my copies, stole 3 extra paper clips - they were in a hugh container by the copy machines, so naturally they meant for me to have some - and brought them home, I needed them. I put the documents/paperclips on my bed and then got busy collating and examining all items for proper signatures etc. When I went to get the paper clips to mail them - they were gone. I was sure I had them on the bed but made a diligent effort to scour the entire room for them. Long (trite) story short, they fell off the bed on the carpet. I didn't think to look there since I placed them in the middle of the bed.

Then, a few days before that, I needed my own personal bath towel that I have in the room in case housekeeping forgets about me (which is often enough that I have my own personal bath towel). I know I have it. I look and look and never find it. Then the next day as I'm leaving my room I do a once over in case I've forgotten something and - Yes, there is the bath towel resting over the back of a chair. Who knew. I thought by leaving it out in the open I wouldn't lose it. Ha! Not so.

Its terribly irritating when you constantly have to waste valuable time looking for something. I'm getting to be very annoyed with myself. Maybe that's why the voices in my head are quiet. Hopefully, they'll get over this and come back out (or in really) to play and talk to me. The voices are the only ones I really ever talk to anyway, except maybe Glo in Flo. Hi Glo.

Well, now all I can say is that I spent 1/2 hour saying basically nothing at all on this blog. Maybe its nap time and I just forgot about it. Gotta go have a close look at my pillow. My brain is bruised from all the Purchase Math we did today in class. We took a 4 person recipe and blew it up to 150 people menu. That meant taking the 6 ounce slice of meat and multiplying it up so I know how much Mad Cow I have to buy to get rid of all these people. Piece O' Cake you say? Well then why don't you take the few sprigs of thyme I need in the wine reduction sauce bouquet and tell me how many bunches of thyme I need for all these idiots!! These People are getting on My Last Nerve!!!! (exclamation marks are free on Tuesdays)

Definitely nap time with a nice little blue pill for my rattled nerves. After all, I only have one bathroom for 150 people. Chef didn't think of that, did he?!

Days like this I wish the world was flat. I'd take a long walk right now... (just get me out of Math)

2 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Actually, was wondering where the heck you have been!
Sounds like you have a ghost - hiding things from you...

And that whole math/purchasing/event thing... There is always one bathroom at any event 3 people, 30 or 300! Drives me crazy!!!

Good luck with all of it...

*karendianne. said...

Ah to hell with it all. Sometimes you just gotta empty your teapot! And I'm not about to say much about Math because it kills my brain completely.

Glo in Florida of course is a wiz at Math. I didn't get that gene.