1/28/08

Free Food!

Yeah!! In our Garde Manger (French translation: Protector of the food we eat. Literal translation: Don't let any food product go to waste, use it in other ways) we will be bringing a Lot of Food home. YES!

Today the Chef demo'd a fruit platter which was really beautiful. I want to do one right now but I've got no one here to impress. Then another Chef demo'd a cheese platter. That was just what I needed. Lots of yummy calcium. I got a lot of various cheese calcium samples. Does the body good.

Tomorow we will do canape's and make sushi. We can take home all we want. This is way better than butchery! This might be one of those classes where I tend to put on lbs rather than lose them. Butchery was good for losing. I'm on a roll here and would hope that I resist the temptation to eat all the displays. Fun. (and nutritious)

I'm really tired since this was my first full day back at school. I'll like this class. Being back in a kitchen makes me happy. Gawd I love those big gas stoves!

Going to sleep early tonight. That 5am alarm is wicked bad. But its so cold in the room I have to wake early to turn up the heat and put on the heated back pac so I can just move without jerking.

This is sure a boring post huh. I think my sense of humor fell asleep. Gotta go find it. Ta-ta.

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Yummmmm!
Sushi please!

Cheese please!

Fruit please!

I'm hungry...