10/30/07

Ah, Sweet San Francisco!

I've finally landed and unloaded the last items of my life's belongings. Interesting, that after 50ish + years one can call a 16ft truck to cart off all they own. I would have thought I'd have qualified for at least a 25 footer. Actually, I never really gave it a thought.

I checked out the "new" digs today. It has this most unsuitable name called the Oasis Hotel on Franklin St. downtown SF. The room is bigger and has a more updated look, better bathroom and is bigger. Oh yeah, did I mention it was slightly bigger? With weekly maid service?? I HAVE landed on an Oasis! LOL The O Hotel is two blocks from the Academy so I'm certain to get 4 blocks of exercise every day. I'm further from the Tenderloin District which is better than being the other way around.

I'm right down the block from the San Francisco Ballet too. There's a thought. I'm going to be more cultural now.

The drive was swift and easy. No problems. The weather is a cool 60 something and much cooler at night. I'm in heaven. Its overcast most the day and windy a little. I love it.

I'm staying in my Aunt/Uncle's 6th wheel camper in their driveway which is lovely. Like a little hermit shell at night. I'll be moving to the "property" on November 9th and school starts November 12th.

I smile at night before drifting off to sleep. From Lemons to Lemonade. I've made it!

3 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Congratulations on your arrival! It all sounds like a great new adventure... SF is a great city...Love it!
And, Aunt Alice and Uncle John are the best... They sure know how to make a guest cozy... I have stayed in that travel trailer before, too!
Makes me 'homesick'...
Have fun and give my love to all...
OH! I need help! When you get time, can you give me tips on cooking an 'eye of round' roast?
Thanks!

*karendianne. said...

Welcome to your new life!

I love the flow of your writing. You sound as if tons of bricks have been lifted off your shoulders. You sound free.

Here's to You! Love, *karendianne.

Anonymous said...

I love that last line. From lemons to lemonade! What a great outlook. You're awesome! Hope your first week goes well.

Love,

Shannon