10/14/07

Quick Chicken Dish

Tonight I was kitchen challenged since most of my GOOD stuff is packed. I was dying for some fresh veggies and protein with what I have to cook with so I found a chicken breast in my freezer and thawed it.

I had baby spinach, a tomato, a shallot, lemon, and olive oil and pepper. I dipped the chicken breast in egg batter then breaded it with some parmesan cheese and sauted it in butter and a dash of olive oil to keep the butter from burning. Then after about 5 min. per side, I browned it. If you're not sure if it is cooked enough slice it before plating (something a chef would NEVER recommend). When it is cooked white, no longer, plate it and add the "salad" on the top. You have to let the "salad" marinate at least two hours first to combine flavors before you add it to the chicken.

It was a very light, tangy and excellent quick dish to make with things on hand. I have other ideas to do with this dish now but those are my secret since I may want to do a cookbook.

Try it. I think you're going to like the quick simplicity.

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

A Cook Book! I love that. Might want to start tagging posts applicable for the future possible book! :) Also, I like the idea of breading with parmesan cheese. I NEVER would have thought that was something a person could do.

This was fun to read because you really had to pull it together with what you had on hand, which isn't much.