11/13/08

Turkey or Bust!


OMG! We have been testing several turkey recipes these last few days at the Chronicles test kitchen in time for Thanksgiving. I may just bring my own hot dog and peanut butter to this year's holiday dinner. I don't think; scratch that; I KNOW I can not eat another piece of Turkey for another year.


I wish that bird would just grow feathers and fly the coup.


However, the good side was that I got to do some food styling today for which I will actually get dollars for the effort. Yea Me. One was a piece of cheese (hey, we gotta start small right) that was featured with in the Wine Section and then this evening I put together a plate of a traditional Turkey dinner. I got to work with the photographer on that one. He is a very nice guy. He really made me feel welcomed and not like the newbie I am. Thanks Craig.


One of my other tasks is pouring out all the wine that was tested for the Wine Tasting on Wednesday. That was somber duty. Amen.


I tossed 51 bottles of champagne. That's right. Fifty-one. Then I tossed the countless bottles of Red and White. I felt like I just ended a bad wedding. At a good wedding there are empty bottles. Of course it is best to do this task first thing in the morning since one does not feel the temptation one might at say, 7pm. I don't own a Boda Bag. Yet.


I'm coming up to my First Week at the Chronicle! 11 more weeks to go then its "kick her to the streets" (as agreed). I'm busy at night thinking on what the next path will be.


Life is quite the adventure. Bon Voyage.

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh goody!! MONEY!!!!

Now, about that pouring out the wine and champagne.... THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY!!!

What about all those poor thirty mother's in Oregon????

xo