12/28/08

Back to the Kitchen Bitch!


Christmas time came and went and now its time to squeeze in more kitchen time at the Chronicle. I'll be working this next week on some new recipe testing and more writing. Fun! Here's a photo of the Chron Kitchen where I spend my days.
There are two stoves, one electric and the other gas. Naturally, I play on the gas stove. I love the overhanging pots and pans. They're so easy to find and no bending over. The natural light is great coming from that window. It really brightens up the kitchen so I can actually see when I'm cutting off my fingernails with a cleaver.
We also have two refrigerators, one for the staff and the other for the testing. The big long counter top is a must. I love that it is so long. There's plenty of room for 3-4 cooks to squeeze in, which sometimes happens. We also have a dishwasher just for the glassware (wine glasses) and the other normal one.
Its a fun playroom. I'm looking forward to working there tomorrow. I am really learning so much from working with the Chronicle Food and Wine Department staff. They are a great, intelligent bunch of hard workers.
Gratitude is a wonderful attitude.

2 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I want that counter in the middle of the room!!!!! LOVE it! LOVE that it is wood.. Not some granite crap. Or other funky stuff...

Tell me it is wood...real wood.. Nice, soft, warm wood!!!!

Cool beans.

Guy Magallanes said...

I love the kitchen too, what about the windows, are they like the ones at my gallery by "your" sink and prep area? BTW in my old studio there was a motto above the door "the attitude of gratitude" and it is now my screen saver at the gallery pc.