12/1/08

Oops. I Ate a Burger King Cheese Burger.



Yep, thas right, I et myself a Burger King burger. With fries too. Its been years since I had one and for some reason it just sounded right.
There I was doing the good thing eating my fresh vegetable soup at Casa Espinoza when my dear cousin Guy bust in the house and dashed about asking if anyone wanted anything from Burger King. He was on a mission to get burgers, and get them NOW.
I so admire people what have a mission. I wanted to be part of his important mission so I volunteered myself for one. And fries. And diet coke please.
It was fun eating normal fast food with the family. Like I was almost normal. Auntie didn't quite believe I was really going to eat it but I did. It was good. And fun.
But, to redeem my School I did make dinner tonight. I stuffed cornish game hens with garlic and spices and roasted them in the oven. I made a nice batch of wild rice and some fresh shitake mushrooms sauteed with butter, garlic and some crushed red pepper then added fresh asparagus to the skillet after the mushrooms gave off their juices and cooked them down with a little basting of giblet broth I had going on the stove from the hens.
We topped it all off with a slice of pumpkin pie from the two I made yesterday at Casa Espinoza's. It was all good. Saturday night fast food, Sunday night a respectable dinner. The holidays are getting in gear, I feelz it.

2 comments:

*karendianne. said...

...ahhh, fresh asparagus. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! I do admit I thought your cousin was joking when he said you ordered a hamburger too, and a CHEESE hamburger. I couldn't believe my eyes. But we had fun, didn't we?
Auntie Mom.