6/10/08

Troops Amass at South America!


In keeping with my little "conquering" theme, we docked our ships on the coast of Argentina yesterday and planted our flag in the middle of the Pampas where the beef do roam. I think the weather has the troops at a disadvantage since it seems the Argentinians are making 'stews' to weigh us down and slow us up in the current heat wave melting San Francisco. If it doesn't get below 75 soon I'll succumb.


Mission accomplished. I guess the South Americans eat herds of beef as the main staple in their diet. I don't. We've had a stew made with a handful of different meats and then again today as we duck-walked into Brazil. Yet another stew to face and overcome. I could not make my play-date today to play ping-pong as I've been so overwhelmed with beef that I can't move. I'm sluggish and don't want to face another stew tomorrow. I refuse to eat it!! Are they good, you ask? Yes! They are delicious and I've saved the recipes for WINTER when they should be eaten. I'll have to move to Alaska or Canada to enjoy them properly, but yes, quite tasty.
Our Chef is from Chile and I guess this stuff is fine with him since he told me today that he's been teaching this class for the last 5 years and has had the same food cycle EVERY 3 WEEKS!! Now that's someone who is either stuck in a rut or just plain loves beef! Five years. I can't believe it. I asked him if it always tastes the same and he said yes. But he did offer that one class could NOT seem to cook except to make rice so he did all the cooking for that class. There is precious little salads in this class. No raw foods but hecka beef, pork, bacon, lamb, more beef and then some shrimp and lobsters. I hate lobsters. Big bugs basically. So are shrimp and crabs but somehow Lobsters ruin it for me. Cheap date. (not, huh Joey?) [crab can be mighty 'spensive]
Its 8pm. I must retire to my nighttime post. Back to the wars tomorrow. Going to bed early cuza beef! blech. I'm tired.





1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

I never knew they ate like that. Boy there is so much to KNOW! And not even a salad.

Cowpooling Love, *karendianne.