6/24/08

In The Home Stretch!


We're almost done with the America's. A few more days of lard, lossa oil, lossa beef and pork and fried foods. I can almost see the finish line but for my hardening arteries getting in the way.
Alas, today we enjoyed Fish and a Shrimp stew or something like that. 'Cept it had okra in it. I really don't care for that little slimy vegetable. The fish was a blackened cajun style which was very spicy but I couldn't stop eating it.
My little world made the Corn Bread. I love corn bread. I roasted a poblano chile and added it with an ear of fresh roasted corn too for crunch. It was delicious. I brought some home to my cement bunker.
Can't Be-yotch about the weather since its gotten cooler. Very nice work Mr. God. My favorite. Beats that heat burst you threw at us last week. While you're at it, can you toss a bit of rainy stuff over No. California way? Its been a bit smokey and firey lately and its burning some vineyards. I thought the vineyards were off limits for such occurances?! WTF? Wha' happen? You're computer have a malfunction? We need rain R.A.I.N. Get on that ASAP. Those vineyards are Sacred Stuff. Jeez...
The end of this week is .....(drumroll please).... Summer Break!! YES. When we return to classes July 7th it will be 3 glorious weeks of Asian Cuisine. We will even get one day touring Chinatown as a class. We'll learn all cuisines, Szechwan, Thai, Chinese, Mongolian... (kidding) Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Its possible my arteries will get a break from the fats but I fear my blood pressure will get a lift from the sodium. Eh, who cares really. Lets Eat!!

1 comment:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Did you have to use bacon grease in the corn bread. Many do here in the south, but it's not my cup of tea . . .so to speak. You are so fortunate to be able to learn Asian cooking. I'm envious. Feel free to share any easy recipes.