6/16/08

Forget Fine China, I Found My Dish Pattern!!


OMG. This class may end up being the end of me. We eat pork, beef, chicken and fish every day. The last two are tag-alongs to the first two main players on this team. I'm soooo FULL of eating red meats and no real vegetables or salads. I've got to smuggle my way out of this class ASAP before my doctor realizes this stuff is the cause of my rising cholesterol. I think the Chef doesn't really care for veggies and I know he doesn't care for salads. He's the first to poo-poo the idea of making one ending with the little phrase "no one really eats it anyway".


Today I made Spanish Rice and Beans. Chef wanted me to make the beans Central American style which was with sauteed chorizo, onions, garlic, a squash that looks like a bell, fresh corn, cumin, paprika, cayenne, bay leaves, and - oh yeah, Beans. Not my standard pot of beans but its his dog and pony show. Actually, it ended up to be quite tasty especially with the added chorizo. A nice cholesterol boost there just for the fun of it I guess.


My buddy Phil (Pill, or Fillip [said in a sing song frenchie voice] as Chef named him) made the Chicken dish thank gawd. I dove right into it after glomming on my rice and beans. I was sooo hungry I couldn't wait to eat. I was going to cook chicken tonight in my cubby hole but thanks to Philly-Me-Boy I dun hab to. Muchos Gracias Amigo.
Another guy in class made a pork dish that was in Achiote, which is a So. Amer. spice. I couldn't get myself to eat some because the spice made the meat look Drum Beat Red which is redder than a brick. Pork doesn't appeal to me when its the color of war paint on a hungry indian holding a brick.
Tomorrow we'll be stuck in the rut of Central America again. I may have to call in from the ER room where the staff will be busy opening my arteries again. I long for my Vegan Chef Vanita and Contemporary Cooking. I had to settle for some fresh steamed veggies and rice for dinner. I'll be switching to that from now on for dinner. I want to live to see August.
Eat your Veggies!


No comments: