6/17/08

Hola Central America

Guess what was on the menu today? Roasted Pork, Jerk Chicken and Shrimp with Scallops. That's right, something completely different from our last 8 days of cooking! NOT.

I have to admit that I ate some pork and then some more since it was really tasty. I wasn't too keen on the shrimp with scallops (sorry Phil) but I've got high cholesterol and they are packed with it. I tried the Jerk Chicken, my first, and it was good. At least it was moist and tender. There were some "greens" that Phil made too (did you make the shrimp dish too Phil?) anyway, the Collard Greens were also the First for me and they were delicious! I bought some back to the Cave with me and will eat them momentarially. Yum! Something Green and yummy! Do it again tomorrow Fillippe!

While everyone was busy with their recipes I got to pick a dessert from the Central American Cookbook Chef had. I picked a Banana Rum Cake with a Lime Glaze and whipped cream with some lime juice and a hint of nutmeg. I thought it was good if not a bit flat looking. I think I should have added some baking powder to make it fluffier. It was good but thin.

I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what we'll be making tomorrow. (yeah, right) Maybe I can talk the Chef into letting me make a fruit salad. (yeah, right). And we're only half way through this class. I love the Chef, he's so funny, don't get me wrong. Its the food that's driving me mad cowish. If its not beef its sugar.

Chef found a new "toy" yesterday and he LOVES it. Its his wooden dowel pointer. He just realized that he can slam it against the White Board or on the metal table tops to keep our attention. He's so cute. There it is, 7:25am and he pops that devil stick against the whiteboard and BINGO! I'm having a heart seizure. He smiles and you can tell he's tickled with himself. Then he'll make a statement that he thinks is important and WHAM, on the metal table it falls. What a doll. By 8:10 I'm taking a Xanax, my nerves are rattled and I'm wishing I had a Nitro Pill to suck on or an opportunity to practice my knife skills on the spot. He was so happy he found out he could do that. I know he wishes he found the power that the Little Lucifer can deliver 5 years ago when he started teaching. How thrilling it is to know that he discovered it in our class. A note in my Hope Chest on that one. He's just as adorable as a rabid pit bull.

And you wonder why I needed to make a Rum cake?

No comments: