9/11/08

I Have Obtained My Internship!

I will be interning at the San Francisco Chronicle in their Food and Wine Department! Wow, what a catch. Its perfect for me. The internship of 3 months is required by the CCA in order to get your degree for the Culinary Program. I'm so fortunate. It is a Mon - Fri position 9-5. YES!

For those of you who don't know, the Chronicle's Food and Wine department has a full service kitchen where they test recipes that they print for the public. I'll also be actively involved in learning how a newspaper section works, be part of the production team, help organize the wine and food parings and tastings, manage the wine cellar inventory, write articles as assigned and do culinary research and development. What a bonus position!!

I'll start on November 10th and the assignment ends January 31st. By then I'll have to have something else lined up as an official job. By that time I will also be a Certified Cordon Bleu Chef! Pretty cool. This year is pulling up quickly. I could say how fast time has flown but that's a tired old phrase. I'm a much different person now than I was a year ago, that much I can say.

I'm getting close to accomplishing a life long dream. That's pretty heady stuff. I'll just leave it at that. Keep your dreams alive.

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

WOW!!!!
What an awesome awesome awesome job!!!! I think having that job on a permanent basis would be HOT!

You go girl!