1/22/09

More Photos from Pescadero

It was such a beautiful day. A perfect day really. A Debra Day actually! I still laugh about how silly cousin Guy and I were on the way home playing with the shadows in the backseat like "kids". Hey, don't laugh, 'Papa John' told a friend of his that he and the 'wife' were taking the kids out for a drive!! Guy and I nearly choked with laughter. So we had to live up to his expectations by acting like a couple of elementary children in the backseat giggling and self-entertaining ourselves since we weren't sure when we'd get home. We kept asking, "are we there yet?" ha

Here is a photo of the day we enjoyed. Truly beautiful.



We walked all over Pigeon Point, took photos and listened to the constant wash of the waves on the rocks while taking in the salt air. There's nothing like the expansive Pacific to soothe your inner world. I loved the next photo. A bit of green, earth, and water with evidence of people unseen.



















Here's another that I loved with the play of the shadows on the pebble walk way.



We also visited a REALLY old cemetary in Pescadero that had quite a few old-timers from the 1800's. One curious tombstone was the one pictured here, I don't know if you can read the bottom inscription but it says "Gone But Not For Cotton". I can't believe they actually put that on someone's gravestone. The eternal joke or jokester? Gives one pause for thought. They better not do that on my stuff when I'm gone! They can just sprinkle my ashes over a vineyard and call that a Good Year when the wine comes out!

The End. [hee hee] My little play on words...(oh, how I entertain myself) [Guy should be here now. I'm feeling immature again. hahaha]

1 comment:

Guy Magallanes said...

Or they can say "she really made an ASH of herself" - I could go on...
immature me at my best with you...