7/21/08

Yea Chinatown!

Tomorrow our class meets in Historic Chinatown to continue a day class walking around the shops, herbal stores and markets. I'm very pleased with this since our chef is Chinese and will be able to speak and ask our questions for us. Thus eliminating tedious hours spent in front of my computer taking various dialects of Chinese so I can find who has a good Peking Duck.

I'm also working on a school project that is backed by a scholarship, so that's been occupying a bit of my extra time. I'll be turning it in on Wednesday so I'll take some photos of it before delivering it to school officials. It's a a collage that is supposed to depict where we are now in our studies, where we will be soon and finally, our ultimate goals for entering the Academy. Mine is pretty busy, pretty complex. But then, my reasons are similar to them. Its been quite a lot of work and I've been very occupied with it but regardless of winning or losing, I've enjoyed doing it. It really has helped to get the mind focused. I haven't done such a creative project in a loooong long time.

This week is our last week of Asian Cuisine and the end of the week will be our "Iron Chef" cookoff as individuals. We pick lots to find out what proteins we get for that day and then we cook. Lots of student chefs, not enough burners or woks. Should be fun. NOT. Lol. I really think it will be interesting, so why not show up?!

Yeah. Anyway, gotta dash. Time for me to contemplate Chinatown. Ciao.

1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

OK, so the song 'What You Take Me Down, to Funky Town' keeps going through my head.....

Haven't been there in YEARS!!!!
Have fun!
PS. Make sure he gets the dirt on if they really have mystery meats!!!! Inquiring minds want to know... you know, kitties, doggies...

AND, cool beans on the collage!!! Be sure to photo that baby for us, and speaking of photos, China Town please!!! PHOTOS!!!