8/27/07

Ya Gotta Love Garlic



Last night I made one of my all time favorites for dinner. Garlic roasted Game Hen. I season the hen inside and out with Marjoram, Rosemary, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper then I sprinkle Crushed Red Peppers on the inside only. Last night I roughly chopped up a dozen garlic cloves and tossed their little happy butts inside the hen. Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour and smell the garlic! Its heavenly.


I used to stuff the hen with mashed potato walnut stuffing before I realized I was alergic to walnuts and pecans. I like the garlic better because I'm a garlic freak. Once the garlic is cooked for the hour it really loses its pungency so much so that I'd serve it with a nice Pinot Noir or a Cabernet.

5 comments:

*karendianne. said...

OMG this is killer!!!! I'd really dig this. It doesn't look all that hard except for "sprinkle on inside only."

Did you make vege's?

Anonymous said...

Love this dish ,so easy to fix .Wonderful !!! Lov this .Look foreward to many more from Tinty Friday ............Kyasirose

Anonymous said...

Great cook ,you will go far in this ......Love your recipes..
Kyasirose

Anonymous said...

OK Gulliver ,can't wait for more wonderful quick recipes. Kyasirose

Anonymous said...

I love to read on your adventure. Can't wait for more great recipes.Kyasirose