10/9/08

Lots Going On

This has been another hectic week for the Kitchen Bitch. Half our class showed up for the first three days so that meant that the rest of us worker bees had to hustle to do all the presentation dishes.

I filleted out about 6 trout, cut them in half, put them in fish brine overnight, then smoked them in the smoker the next day.

I cleaned and trimmed a big ole Artic Char fishy and cut it down thin like so I could pipe some fish moussiline on the inside, role it up like a holiday yule log then poached it, chilled it and will cut it out and present it tomorrow on a platter. I made 4 of these puppies. That took me into 2 1/2 hours overtime on Tuesday.

I made some dressings for a few different salads, made some cheese and jalapeno crackers for another dish and just busted my butt for 3 days solid. Whew.

I also had my friends from Chicago out for a one day visit yesterday. Joe and Cher are the best buddies. We have such a good time together and a fabulous dinner. More on this in another post. They deserve their own post!

Tomorrow I head down to Los Angeles to visit with my daughter, cook a Chef dinner for two friends on Saturday, visit with friends Sunday, lunge with Joey and a quick visit (I hope) to my dentist Monday then back to San Fran. After that there will only be 4 days of this advanced Garde Manger class to sweat.

I'm coming up on my one year mark! I can't believe I'm finishing my classes and getting my degree. Awesome!

I'll have to finish my externship at the San Francisco Chronicle and then by February 1st I'll be a free agent!! Anyone need a live in Chef?? Hey, you never know.....

No comments: