8/4/08

Help, Stuck in Classroom!

This is week two of being inside a classroom with computers and chairs. My hip joints are beginning to complain about all this sitting down. I don't want them to memorize the shape of the chair. Maybe I could get a smaller chair. Humm, wonder if that would reduce the size...... oh, nevermind. Anyway, after sitting so long when I go to get up my legs and hips refuse to agree on how to manage this simple task and I stand in a sitting position and have to make deliberate steps to get the system back up and running (or walking in this case). I feel like a crooked stick figure trying to walk. I don't see them younger kids having this affliction.

Brats.

So here I sit blabbering on the blog when I need to focus on all the homework we have been given in our Culinary Management class. We are divided in teams - (I'll not rip apart my team as yet but I feel the train 'acomin') - and have to create an entire restaurant from the ground up to break even point. This involves a LOT of excel spreadsheet activity and math skills. Thus, my playing around here on the blog. I seriously dislike math but I know I need it. Okay, honestly? I HATE IT! Ahhh. That felt better. When you look up Math in the dictionary you'll see a picture of my head hitting a wall over and over.

I am starting on my Kitchen layout and trying to install the big ticket items and stuff it all in 700 sq. ft. It should be easy enough but somehow it isn't. I feel like I'm in a maze or stuck in a crop circle. Nothing makes sense. I created a menu and now were are working on the recipe cards which we will have to break down by the ingredients needed and the cost of those ingredients. Then we can add it to the spreadsheets to see if we're making money, charging to little/to much, ad nauseum. This goes on and on... Its mind boggling. I don't know how I'll do it if I keep sitting here writing about it. But this is so much more fun.

Oh no. I just remembered that I also have to create a menu - one that I would give customers, one that looks nice with borders and decorations and frilly shit. Oh boy, one more thing to do. Well this happy little face must take leave of the blogosphere and head back to brain mushing. Love to chat but gotta dash. Kiss-kiss.

1 comment:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Can you interview the kitchen designer at Lowe's or Home Depot or maybe even a friendly local plumber whose done specialized work? There's also software for kitchen design I'm sure. Good luck.