8/24/08

350 Degrees Challenged


Its been about 10 months now living in the "indoor campsite" and I'm getting starved for the use of an oven. I have to make do with store bought baked goods. Like Costco's chicken, which is delicious to me since they brine it before roasting it, but its huge. I think it's almost bigger than my campsite refrigeratorette. I have to eat a lot of chicken before I can get it in that little thing. I'm not talking so much about eating roasted foods but actually cooking them.


I miss my roasted garlic chicken, roasted potatoes and vegetables and baked chicken thighs with feta, butter and rosemary stuffing. I can't do that here in my little slice of Oasis. I can't pop anything in the oven and walk away and come back in 45 minutes to a golden piece of baked or roasted joy.


One day, when I get somewhere kitchen blessed, I'll roast and bake the day away for a good 6 months. Appreciate your oven for me. When you pull something yummy out of your oven, think of me. When you bite into a luscious bit of crispy golden roasted chicken skin, send a thought my way. You really don't know how precious your oven is to me.


I browse online to look at ovens. Aww, sad isn't it.


1 comment:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Very very interesting.....
I was just introduced to 'my oven is better than you oven' earlier this week...
So, what I have to ask, are all ovens created equal? Or more to the point, is my range/oven thingy... most likely GE from Sears and cost $500 bucks... a loser? Does it cook any less than say, the super duper high end dual fuel models that a friend of mine is considering buying? She needs a downdraft thing, because it will be in the middle of her kitchen... no venty up toppy...
I am so clueless! I mean, are her brownies going to taste any different in her $4,500 (a Jenn Air, the other model is $7,500 I forget it's name...) oven as apposed to my $500 oven?
Inquiring minds really want to know!
And don't get me started on outdoor bbq's and yard furniture! One dude we know spent $17,000 for his backyard crap!
Kills me...