4/10/10

The Skinny

Here at Casa Flo we're working on shedding some unwanted extra body cells so I'm whipping up some new food types for the occasion.  Poaching has become the word of this Day for starters, and I'm not talking rustling someones cattle from their ranch.  Real Poaching of chicken and fish.

I never really poached my chickens before but it is really pretty easy and very versatile.  You can poach up a mess of breasts, use one hot for dinner and chill the rest.  Since summer is heading in you can then use the chilled breasts for toppings on fresh greens with veggies or even fruits.  It goes so well, as I'm sure you know.  

The issue I had was that the lone breast on a plate was begging for some kind of dressing.  A discreet coverup in kitchen parlance.  I scanned my recipes and noticed I had a diet type dressing that resonated with all the items I had on hand so I gave it a try and Bravo! it worked magically. 

Here it is for your edification:

CILANTRO-SCALLION YOGURT SAUCE


Makes about 1 Cup


1 Cup cilantro leaves and stems

¼ cup scallions, sliced

1 Tbs fresh ginger, chopped (didn't have it and the sauce was still great)
2 tsp sugar (I used Stevia in place of sugar)

¼ tsp ground cumin

2 garlic cloves, chopped

Juice of ½ a lime

Salt and cayenne to taste

¾ Cup plain yogurt (mistakenly bought Vanilla flavored yogurt but it was still good!)

Process all ingredients except yogurt in a food processor until minced. Stir herb paste into yogurt; chill until ready to serve.

It just doesn't get any easier!!   I would have taken a photo of the sauce but it wasn't photogenic.  Think something the color of guacamole. 

Tonight I'm making Diet-Like Orange Chicken and serving it with a little cabbage slaw salad.  If it looks good and I remember I'll take a photo and post it.  Cheers!