1/6/10

Topped Out on Ramen

2010 started out pretty miserable so I'm thinking things can only get better from here.  I caught some kind of bug New Years Eve day and it settled in my chest and struck me down like a cheap pair of heels.  I was sick with a fever which I hadn't had in maybe 7 or 8 years and all the coughing, some sneezing and some nose blowing.  I thought it was a cold/flu but I'm not sure. 

True to Kitchen Bitch form I applied a package of Pictsweet baby lima beans for the fever two nights in a row.  I'm thinking I've struck on some kind of magical new health cure because the fever only lasted two nights.  Maybe frozen corn would have had it linger longer?  Frozen peas most likely would have raised the fever by 2 degrees.  I'm not sure and still have plenty of experimentation to do at the next opportunity.  Which hopefully won't be for another 7 or 8 years.  


When I was finally able to rise from the deathbed and crawl to the kitchen all I could manage was to make my favorite Top Ramen soup, throw in some frozen broccoli (saving that package for toothaches), and some pre-cooked chicken.  I managed to survive the next few days with ol' Topper Beef Flavor and 'scroung' foods. 

I felt exiled for 5 days in some remote cold hovel....  trying not to infect the cat or my roomie,


but I think I faired better than Hillary Clinton when Obama made her Secretary of the State just to get her out of the US. 

I did eventually improve and am ready once again to bitch in the kitchen!

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Thank goodness you're feel better!